After a pretty decent 2015, stirring things are in the air for 2016. Lots to look forward to, to keep up the momentum. Here’s where I’ve been:
- In 2015 I sold one short story “Murder on the Hohman,” forthcoming in the anthology Futuristica)
- I sold a nonfiction article for the SFWA Bulletin, forthcoming in February, on writing with a day job
- I wrote The End on one novel and finished revisions on another one (inasmuch as revisions are ever really finished)
- I wrote four short stories, two of which are out on submission, one sold, and one is waiting to get critiqued by my writers group
- I wrote spec chapters for an epic fantasy that I will not abandon — it’s on suspended animation for now
- I am in process of writing a science fiction screenplay for an idea I’ve been noodling around with for a while — also in suspended animation but not abandoned
- I signed with Agent Jennie of Red Sofa Literary
Here’s where I’m going:
- I plan to finish revisions on Book 1 of the Tales of Port Saint Frey and send to my agent (mid-January)
- I plan to start revisions on Book 2 of the Tales of Port Saint Frey and send to my agent (Feb-March)
- I plan to start Book 3 of the Tales of Port Saint Frey and finish by November or December
- I plan to unsuspend the pending works and make headway on those as well
- And I plan to write the short stories that make themselves known to me as wanting to be written.
So it’s a big year ahead. And it’s not just writing. I’ve started taking voice lessons and I’m thinking of adding piano lessons to that. I’m going to get back into the saddle in 2016 as well; I am ready to challenge myself again and be a rider (though I’m going to be reasonable about it.) I’m going to watch movies and hear music and be with my friends and work hard at the day job and the writing job, and try as much as possible to be happy.
There. Resolutions unlocked. Let’s do 2016.